Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome to Studio Lizzy Salon


Welcome to Studio Lizzy’s blog. Studio Lizzy at has joined the Etsy family and I’m very excited about introducing my pillow covers to the internet. Although this blog will be about all things creative, I’ll share a bit about Lizzy by Cynthia CavanaughTM . I’m a former textile designer who has finally stepped back into one of my great passions. I’ve been drawing all my life, and now I’ve created a character named Lizzy who is screen-printed onto cotton fabric in different scenes of her life. She’s fun and modern, and I have lots of plans for her future. Right now, she’s the foundation for my  bold, contemporary pillow covers with contrasting black and white borders and backing in various prints.

 I also started carving linoleum blocks for printing, and so I’ve created the Lara line of pillow covers. This line uses some of my hand-dyed Indian muslin (I use only plant dyes), which is a beautiful nubby contrast to the smooth black cotton sateen that surrounds it. Carving my own blocks and printing gives me the chance to explore designs from all cultures of the world. With an undergraduate degree in Anthropology, I’m most fascinated by art and cultures far removed from my own. The first group of Lara pillows reflects the timeless beauty of Japan in a forward, modern setting. Each cover is closed on the back with a vintage or handmade button.



Please visit Studio Lizzy for the complete line as well as the limited edition Maya purses, my own artist designed bags that you’ll see nowhere else.

Now, about this blog. I’m calling it a salon because I would like it to be a forum for exploration and discussion of creativity. I’ll highlight what other artists are doing in their own mediums, and periodically I’ll pose a question that I hope will begin some great conversations about art, popular culture, and almost anything except religion and politics. Creative topics are endless and I hope to hear ideas from everyone, no matter what field you’re in or what your passions are.

Please join me at:
www.etsy.com/shop/StudioLizzy
Facebook: www.facebook.com/StudioLizzy
Twitter: Cynthia Cavanaugh@StudioLizzy

Because Lizzy cares about the world around her, 10% of Lizzy’s sales dollars are donated to the Espanola Valley Humane Society www.evalleyshelter.org. Please adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment