Monday, December 29, 2014

Some Are Art....Some Not So Much

 
Tattoos, the ever-present personal statement of the 21st century. Of course, this form of art has been around for thousands of years among indigenous peoples world-wide. The symbols in those tattoos are always of natural and/or spiritual connotations. And yes, they are beautiful, as opposed to....
 or
 or
Polynesian tattoos are especially beautiful (particularly on a young, sculpted body:-). What makes them so spectacular, aside from their meaning, is simply the design itself....how it flows together in one amazing pattern. The curvilinear motifs move about the shape of the body as if they were part of the skin at birth.

Symbols are carried onto the faces of tribal men, connoting clan membership, a warrior class, or spiritual beliefs. And those facial markings are not limited to men. Tribal women everywhere add lines and scrolls for some of the same reasons as their male kinsmen, as well as for beauty just as women around the world use make-up.
 

A singular motif can make an amazing statement on its own when left by itself with no competing designs scattered about, unconnected.

A circular wrist tattoo is a perfect place for a symbolic cuff that harks to ones heritage (and is a safe placement as the body ages!)
....as in Sid Cavanaugh's Celtic ring.
 
Smudge on a Perfect Window
 
They thought they were opaque
Windex® could not have made them
more transparent
Maybe they should try black-out curtains
 
 
Cynthia Cavanaugh 09/10 
 
And now, the Reggie life.
So, it's winter now and snowy in Santa Fe. The first time I saw snow I went crazy! I still go nuts playing in it, but I'm kinda used to it now. Mom loves it cuz I don't have to be rinsed off so often cuz I love to roll in the dirt, and now it's just cold white stuff. Rolling in ice isn't so fun, so I just run around, and if someone wants to me to chase my "football", I'm ready for it.
 

Mom tried to grab a picture of me running, or a video, but it's impossible cuz I'm way too fast. All the geeks (Desi and Lucy) can do is watch me from inside the house and be jealous. 
Notice my ever-so-fashionable coat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment