Friday, January 12, 2018

A Visit from my Two Best Girlfriends

My two favorite girlfriends came with their mom and dad to visit for New Years. 
Granddaughters (I'm a dog and they're human, so they're not my granddaughters), Alana and Delilah, aka Dead Bride and Creepy Doll (see FB post Oct. 31) paid us a visit.
Sadly, we didn't have any snow for them to slide down our driveway with me this time (is more of the fun white stuff ever going to come again this winter?) but they brought fun and lots of laughs to my boring life. 

You can see how much they love me and how sweet and gentle I am with them. And you know what? I'm a Pit Bull. Yep, one of those mean, scary dogs that not-so-nice humans say bad things about. I admit, I do bark at people when they come to our door. But, as soon as I know they won't hurt me or my family, I just want to be their best friend. In the olden days, I was called the Nanny Dog cuz I took such good care of kids. How could you not love that face with my old puppy toy that my friend Kataya stuck on my head a long time ago.

Of course they left me at home with the two geeky fuzz balls I live with, to go out to fun places. They went to places in town they've never been to before, like the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, where Alana brought her sketch pad and Miss D shows the cutest braces ever.



My dad took my girls with their Mom Anita and Dad Ryan, to the Loretto Chapel that has the coolest, most magical staircase.


They walked up Canyon Road and saw lots of great art in the galleries. 
 Alana spent a moment with a friend who's like her favorite animal (except for dogs, of course) - the wonderful pig.
At least I got to run all over our big yard with my girls while they explored, blew bubbles, and saw a beautiful sunset.

They all went up to Museum Hill so they could walk the Mystery Maze (who knows why your voice echoes the closer you get to the center of it?)
and go to the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture. Everybody who visits has to have their picture taken in front of Apache Warrior - sigh.
Delilah wanted a picture of her mom by the beautiful Indian lady because she thinks that she looks like her (her mom is prettier).
And finally, they all went to see The Glow at the Botanical Gardens, froze, and warmed up with hot chocolate and a fun lady who sang really cool songs.

So, after lots of shopping, and of course Return of the Jedi, my girlfriends left me to go home to California and their dog Bear. I was sad and looked for them all over the house. But they hid a bunch of pictures and notes in Mom's studio for us to find - I think that Mark guy is some toy of Alana's that my mom liked. And there's even a picture of yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment